The Deputy Supply Coordinator backs up the Supply Coordinator in guiding the mission procurement and supply activities.
He/she supervises the capitalization of all information’s related to procurement and supply processes
He/she supervises trainings for Supply staffs related to procurement and supply processes.
He/she takes on the functions of the Supply Coordinator in case of absence.
List of main responsibilities:
Supervision of order handling for the mission and the implementation of the procurement process:
• Participate in analysis of the purchasing environment at the national and regional level in close collaboration with Supply coordinator.
• Participate in controlling SI purchasing procedures and donors funding rules and regulations.
• Take part in drawing up call for tender documents and RFQs as well as contracts necessitating for validation at coordination level.
• Take part in selecting suppliers, and negotiating prices, deadlines and delivery modes.
• Ensure monitoring of the suppliers’ relationships.
• Review the valid customs procedures and documentation (import-export, tax exemptions) in the country of intervention.
• Receive and verify quotations and IOF requests sent by the requesters before transmission to the Supply Coordinator.
• Receive and verify the Purchase Files from the bases before transmitting to the Supply Coordinator for the final verification.
• Ensure the monitoring of IOFs and update the stakeholders on the development and stage of their purchase orders.
• Support Supply Coordinator in carrying out purchases.
• Link with Finance Department to ensure payments to the Suppliers are properly managed.
• Ensure that the Procurement Tracker (IOF Follow-up) for NESCO base and potential sub-bases is in place and regularly updated.
• Support Supply Coordinator in setting up new framework agreements that can be used at Regional or Local level to support the mission’s procurement.
• Oversee the implementation of purchases ensuring compliance with rules and procedures and inform the Supply Coordinator in case of problems or delays.
• Update the price and supplier database.
• Ensure the implementation of purchases, making sure they are in accordance with SI and/or donors rules and procedures.
• Conduct the market assessment at national and regional level.
• Participate in monitoring the bases’ purchase and ensure that purchasing files are drawn up correctly on mission wide level.
• In close collaboration with the Supply Coordinator participate in purchases of the durable equipment according to Solidarités International standards, and have them validated by the headquarters Desk logistician.
• Give full support to the Supply Coordinator in monitoring of national and international shipments linked to NESCO and bases purchases.
• Oversee the customs clearance procedures and customs clearance of imported material with close cooperation with SI office in Erbil, Iraq and NES Log Manager and his Deputy.
Human resource management:
• Appraise personnel under direct supervision.
• Train supply teams in the tasks inherent to supply management in accordance with SI procedures.
• Upon request from the Supply Coordinator, organize training workshops related to procurement and purchase procedures.
• Support purchasers and procurement contract technician with their tasks and objectives.
Reporting / capitalization:
• Consolidate monthly procurement logistics report (IOF and contract Follow-up) of NESCO and bases.
• Centralize information’s on distances, prices and transport methods and companies.
• Keep the Procurement and Purchase table updated and share monthly.
• Share the updated IOF and contract follow Up with Field Coordinators and Field Logistics Managers.
• Ensure that price and supplier files are compiled and regularly updated, along with documentation requirements in effect (import – export, exemptions, taxes).
• Participate in base meetings related to supply.
• Represent Solidarités International, when required and/or delegated to do so with suppliers and local authorities.
• File and archive supply documents.
• Participate to the preparation of files related to procurement to be transferred to HQ.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4 Max: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma