PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position implies the responsibility for all aspects of the Procurement for electrical and mechanical item portfolio and other assigned product portfolio – under the lead and with the support of the Category Buyer 1 and both the Mobile Purchaser and the Head of Purchasing.
The “Water and Engineering Buyer” oversees the entire procurement process for electromechanical, hydraulics and construction categories in the Logistics Support Center. In his/her capacity, he/she ensures that procurement is carried out in line with standard institutional policies and procedures.
This responsibility includes contract management, cost control, procurement productivity, inventory management, quality and executional performance, and the strategic evaluation as well as execution of the ICRC procurement plan.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop the electrical and mechanical item and supplier portfolios and lead associated processes of item identification, sourcing, technical specifications development, procurement strategy and supplier relationship management.
- Proactively cooperate and communicate with other internal departments (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance…) and especially with the Requesters-Customers in the Field (mainly Water & Habitat, Premises and Economic Security), to ensure swift and smooth procurement process.
- Process local procurement according to ICRC procedures (organize tenders, prepare selection table with requester, negotiate purchase conditions, establish contracts, ensure quality control, evaluate suppliers)
- Contribute to the tendering of both service and supply contracts (propose additional contractors, participate to the analysis and selection)
- Follow-up regional procurement process until goods are delivered to the requester
- Identify in cooperation with relevant departments (mainly Water & Habitat, Premises and Economic Security) the main items needed for electro mechanics, hydraulics and construction purchases and service contracts.
- Conduct sourcing campaigns for the identified items, assess suppliers and contractors, compile relevant technical documentation and share it with all operational actors.
- Contribute to the contextualization of the ICRC purchase strategy according to the local availability and quality of items.
- Participate in the development of technical specifications and price estimation for the main items.
- Regional accountability for the Procurement of the assigned portfolio. Carrying out Tenders, pre-awarding suppliers, negotiating prices and conditions (under supervision of the Red line manager), drafting and/or validating awarding processes, contracts and frame agreements.
- Preparing purchase orders and taking care of their supervision from the beginning until the final delivery of the product at destination, in direct coordination with the Transport and Finance departments.
- Evaluation and joint direct supervision, together with the Quality Department, of the standards of the contracted products and services, guaranteeing a real traceability of the quality of the purchase.
- Leading the SRM (supply relationship management): maintaining a good business relationship with the suppliers through visits and follow-ups that allow to solve the day to day constraints, also applying corrective actions if needed.
- Update and maintenance of the Supplier Database, securing all suppliers fulfill ICRC documentary requirements during its initial registration and subsequently, during its business relationship with the ICRC
- Preparing all related invoices for his/her own files according to the Financial Rules to get the necessary approvals. Register and stamp incoming invoices form finance dept.
- To obtain and provide all needed documents to guarantee the PO payments on time and follow up with the finance department regarding the delayed payments.
- Provide weekly and monthly forecast for the admin purchase and send them out to the requester.
- Update and follow-up of the Status Report File of the product categories to her/his responsibility
- Properly upload all required purchase orders files on Profiles for internal-external audit purposes.
- Be aware, accept and strcktly comply at all times with the ICRC Code of Conduct, the ICRC Code of Ethics for Procurement and the ICRC Field Manual Chapter 4 (Procurement)
- Be aware of the delegations activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement and adhere to the seven Fundamental Principles.
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERINCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Engineering degree in electromechanic.
- Procurement knowledge, previous experience in management of product portfolio an asset.
- 3 Years work experience in electromechanical engineering field.
- Accurate and structured way of working paired with excellent organization skills.
- Stress resistant and negotiating talent.
- Good command of spoken and written English & Arabic. French an asset.
- Good computer skills. Advanced proficiency in Excel, practical experience of using ERP systems
- Good management, administrative and communication skills
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Engineering degree in electromechanic.