Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the epidemiological activities, ensuring the development of appropriate methodology and the quality of studies according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to identify risk factors for diseases and to determine the optimal treatment approaches to clinical practice and the preventive medicine to be used in the missions.
- Defining, scheduling and organizing, in close collaboration with other medical team members, the annual epidemiological activity plan as well as its associated budget, in order to improve early detection of risk factors to better define treatment approaches and preventive practices.
- Leading the implementation of the protocols and epidemiological methodology, ensuring all related staff follows them in order to improve research efficiency.
- Supervising, according to annual plan, the epidemiological research activity ensuring that contacts with community groups and authorities are aligned with the objectives of the research and that the population participating in the research is properly informed.
- Reporting on the progress of data collection, on ongoing analysis of research or on any issue causing delay, in order to achieve epidemiological goals on time.
- Assess the situation around NCD services in Irbid Governorate and survey access to NCD care among refugees living out-of-camp/in the communities of Irbid Governorate.
- Assess availability, accessibility and affordability of NCD services, including medications, for refugees living out-of-camp in Irbid Governorate.
- Map and describe existing and/or expected capacity for NCD care.
- Coordinate and supervise data collection (including coordination with logistical team for transport and communication needs).
- Guarantee high quality of data collected (on the ground supervision).
- Analyze survey results and translate into a scientific report.
- Review and map health systems level capacity for NCD care provision, including any national/local support.
- Report and summarize key findings and recommendations.
Work Location: 80% in Irbid , 20% in Amman ( Jordan)
Contract Duration: 2 months
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Salary: 2135 JOD.
- Job Location
- Irbid, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- $3,000 – $4,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Master’s degree
Degree in Epidemiology or Public Health