The “Employment Cluster” in Jordan is seeking a “Finance Officer” – on a full time base employment.
The position holder is responsible within the employment cluster for:
- Smooth and professional provision of financial services to the cluster projects according to general and specific GIZ rules and regulations as well as the applied finance and accounting guidelines.
- Assisting and deputizing duties of other officers in the finance-admin-controlling-team of the cluster.
- Maintenance of project journals with accurate and correct bookkeeping in GIZ cash- and bank-book with preparation and in-time delivery of account records and supporting documents to main office.
- Tracking of payments, receivables and contractual obligations, including invoicing etc. as required.
- Recording of financial transactions properly updated and with full data integrity in financial reporting.
- Supporting expenditure planning for the cluster projects and their fields of activity.
- Performing financial analysis and planning on expenditures, costs and payment obligations.
- Effective coordination with the project colleagues and the departments of GIZ offices
- Smooth functioning of financial administration, such as recording of cash and bank book, invoice/receipts preparation and registration, financial administration in line with GIZ procedures.
- Handling the cash using GIZ related financial software and monitoring third party receivables.
- Reconciliation and invoice checking for invoices within the delegation of the project.
- Following up error sheets and internal control reports as well as the preparation of financial audits.
- Coordinating and registering fund requests for cluster projects in relevant GIZ IT applications.
- Responsible for C-filing and updating of C-files of the projects in document management system.
- Correct cost registration in onsite reporting for cost per output-monitoring and prognosis (KOMP).
- Supporting admin colleagues in asset and inventory registration as well as vehicle management.
- If required, support admin, procurement and finance tasks of other projects.
- Assisting budget preparation and control of projects as well as grants and financial contributions.
- Ensuring and improving the quality standards for financial services provided to the cluster’s projects.
In line with before mentioned responsibilities, the position holder fulfils tasks in the following areas:
1. Financial Administration
The position holder
- Coaches project members, partners and consultants on appropriate handling of GIZ financial requirements.
- Handles payments according to GIZ rules and regulations up to set value limit using GIZ software.
- Checks and prepares invoices for payments according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Monitors cashboxes and safe contents and keeps lists and files updated.
- Monitors bank accounts’ operations and regular bank reconciliation.
- Prepares project vouchers according to GIZ rules and regulations and internal control manual using the GIZ standard WINPACCS bank and cash systems, revises the classification and completeness of all vouchers/receipts for related projects.
- Prepares for regular project bookkeeping sessions with the finance department at GIZ Office.
- Follows up monthly and reports on receivables, unsettled items and advances registered in projects’ bookkeeping journals.
- Prepares internal control sessions conducted by GIZ Office Amman, GIZ HQ Audit Unit, and other related external audits.
- Follows up on recommendations of internal control reports and monthly error sheets provided by GIZ Office.
- Maintains related filing for financial section and keeps information confidential considering GIZ rules and regulations and the internal control manual.
- Follows up on payment schedules according to project plan and priorities.
- Keeps and continuously updates the project files, ledgers and inventory list according to GIZ rules and regulations and uses the related GIZ software and reporting tools (i.e. onSite reporting).
2. Expenditure and budget planning
The position holder
- Assists in preparation of budget planning and in monitoring of expenses in accordance with the budget.
- Supports the monitoring of monthly accounting and financial plans.
- Regularly checks and update colleagues about the changes in GIZ PuR Tool in relation to field of work.
- Immediately reports all problems involving finance and regulations to direct superior.
- Performs other duties and tasks upon request of direct superior and/or team leaders of assigned projects.
3. Preparation and follow up of financing and grant agreements
The position holder
- Supports and conducts commercial viabilities assessments and documentations for agreements.
- Prepares contract documents based on instructions received from relevant team leaders.
- Communicates and supports implementation of contracts with regards to payments, audits etc. with GIZ HQ.
4. Know-how and Service Quality
The position holder
- Ensures and improves the quality standards of the financial services provided to the cluster’s projects.
- Coordinates, tracks and responds in timely manner to inquiries of the project’s finance and accounting.
- Participates and supports a continuing exchange of knowhow, feedback and measurements of quality.
The Job description will be further amended and discussed throughout the contract period according to the projects’ needs.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Degree in Business Administration with focus in Accounting and Finance.
- 7+ years of professional experience in financial processes
- in-depth understanding of accounting, financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting and/or financial auditing
- first experiences in controlling and monitoring of financing contracts, i.e. local subsidies, grant agreements
- qualified and applied knowledge in account and business management, internal control and finance tools
Other Knowledge, additional competences:
- Excellent reporting and communication skills with service orientation and understanding of quality standards
- Outgoing, constructive, positive attitude
- Excellent emotional intelligence with the ability to motivate and cooperate with others
- Dedication/commitment to work results and structured work, reliable and loyal
- Good resilience with ability to perform well under pressure
- Proven working knowledge of ICT technologies and business-related software, including MS Office, SAP
- Language skills: Fluent spoken and written skills in English, Arabic; German Language is a plus
**GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification, experience, as well as the scope of responsibility of the job announced and in line with local standards.
**Please be advised that GIZ will respond back only to the candidates that are shortlisted and interviewed in person.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
University Degree in Business Administration with focus in Accounting and Finance.