The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) is a registered association founded on the initiative of the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection. On behalf of the German Federal Government, it supports partner countries in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, (Central) Asia, the South Caucasus, the MENA region and Africa in reforming their legal and judicial systems. The aim of the advisory services is to promote the development of rule-of-law and market-economy structures in the partner countries. In the area of legislative advice, project work focuses on preparing expert opinions on draft laws, expert discussions with relevant partner institutions from the justice sector and, in the area of training and further education, on conducting seminars, lectures, guest visits, working visits and expert discussions both in Germany and in the partner countries.
The project section Middle East of the IRZ is looking for a freelance resident in Jordan to support its activities in Jordan.
- Assist the preparation and implementation of events in Jordan including the evaluation of activities
- Maintaining contacts with local cooperation partners
- Monitoring legal developments in Jordan and writing short reports for internal use
- Administration of IRZ project funds (recording of all income and expenses, accounting, etc.)
- Management of the local budget
- Completion of administrative tasks arising in the IRZ office in Jordan
- Local contact person for the Jordanian authorities and IRZ partner institutions
- Good knowledge of the Arabic language in written and spoken
- Knowledge of German is an advantage, good written and spoken English skills are re-quired
- Sociability, diligence, flexibility, creativity and interest in the work of the IRZ are re-quired
- Legal knowledge is an advantage, good knowledge of Jordanian institutions is required
- Experience in event and project management, in working for scientific or other public institutions and/ or experience in the publication and distribution of scientific publica-tions are an advantage
- Experience in working with German institutions or knowledge of the work of German institutions as well as previous stays in Germany are an advantage
Place(s) of activity is/are Amman and occasionally other cities in Jordan and the region.
The position is remunerated based on performance (effort per hour). The hourly rate is deter-mined according to qualification and in agreement with the German Embassy.
Please send your application (motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, job references) until May 17 2020 in German or English language to ifland(at)irz.de. Only applications received through this address will be considered. For any questions, please contact the above mentioned address.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1 Max: 5
- Residence Location