Program Management, Technical Quality and Strategy
- Provide overall strategic direction, leadership and management to all health programs within the Jordan Country Program in line with the country strategic action plan including functional primary healthcare systems and services which include: primary health interventions for non-communicable and communicable disease patients, reproductive health and community health;
- Lead on Health sector components of the Strategy Action Plan in Jordan, along with the Implementation Plan and key Strategic Objectives identified in Jordan (Client Responsiveness, Partnerships, Gender Equality, Outcomes & Evidence)
- Develop and adapt COVID-19 response and infection prevention and control measures, including across the IRC’s other sector programming, and support the SMT in COVID-19 response actions;
- Ensure IRC health defines and pursues high-quality, evidence generating research activities both within existing programming as well as larger strategic policy influencing activities;
- Actively support the health managers in the development, implementation and monitoring of health interventions in their area of operation including clinical services and community health outreach.
- Develop and/or improve monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for the health programs, ensuring that teams adhere to international and national standards;
- Conduct regular communication and program monitoring meetings with program managers, in line with the Project Cycle Management guidelines.
- Work collaboratively to integrate Community Health and outreach with other program sectors where appropriate, particularly with Early Childhood Development and Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming.
- Co-define and development Annual Technical Support Plans and TOR for Technical Advisors from the Health TU to conduct quality checks and trainings to support clinical and community health implementation;
- Work closely with the Sr. Program Manager and Managers to ensure recommendations highlighted from TA visits are implemented, adapted and shared throughout the program sites;
- Conduct regular field visits to identify opportunities for expansion and improvements in program efficiency and quality
Program Development, Grants Management and Reporting
- Lead the strategic development of IRC health programming, as needs are identified and funding opportunities arise, including with an emphasis on funding across the humanitarian-development nexus.
- Coordinate the technical development of new proposals and initiatives for the IRC Jordan in accordance with the strategic action plan;
- Develop budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the Health managers, grants and finance departments, along with budget and project modification activities;
- Review, monitor and ensure high-quality, detailed program spending, procurement and work plans for the health program as managed and implemented by the Sr. Program Manager and Managers;
- Ensure the Project Cycle Meetings are prepared and conducted in accordance with guidance by Health Managers or directly and that action points are followed-up in a timely manner;
- Review technical aspects of internal and external reports prepared by the managers within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required;
- Provide support and oversight to program managers on Budget vs. Actual reports and bring any over/under expenditure issues to the attention the SMT, Grants and Finance teams along with proposed corrective actions;
Health System Support Partnerships and Coordination
- Revise and monitoring the delivery of IRC Jordan’s Health Strategy, and ensure that program implementation decisions are grounded in a strong assessments of local and governmental partners and systems;
- Lead and develop IRC’s strategic relationship with the Ministry of Health and key health institutions in Jordan, and represent IRC’s Health program with government, civil society, private sector and academic stakeholders;
- In collaboration with the SMT, cultivate strong relationships with potential implementing partners, donors, embassies and key multilateral stakeholders to build IRC’s visibility as the health partner of choice in Jordan;
- Actively develop and lead in different coordination forums, including the Health Sector Working Groups, Jordan Response Plan Task Force and ensure similar coordination is effective at the camp and governorate levels;
- In collaboration with the Health Technical Unit, support the development and adaptation of CSO and system strengthening program components;
- Upon request by the Senior Management Team, organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in IRC’s programming in Jordan.
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development:
- Recruite, supervise, and build the capacity of team members in relevant technical and management competencies including develop and implement remote management capacity building approaches to build the strengths of the team in Syria
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews;
- Approve and manage attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage; ensure monthly, accurate timesheet submission and carry out probationary reviews
- As required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulation
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to: Deputy Director of Programs
Position directly supervises: Sr. Health Manager, Community Health Manager, Research Manager, Sr. Health Information Officer
Indirect Reporting: Country Director
Other Internal: IRC Technical Advisors, Deputy Director of Operations, Deputy Director of Finance, Other Program Coordinators, Program Managers, and M&E Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, Grants Coordinator
Other External: Relevant other stakeholders, e.g. UN bodies, local and national authorities.
- Public health or health professional with clinical or community health background, ideally with experience in both humanitarian and development Health contexts;
- Minimum of seven years professional experience managing (designing and implementing) Health programs.
- Demonstrated successful experience in capacity building, project design and program coordination;
- Demonstrable experience working with local partners in the delivery of health programs, as well as working with the Ministry of Health and Directorates of Health on system support and system strengthening initiatives;
- Experience working with and coordinating with the WHO, World Bank, UN, donors, INGOs and other stakeholders.
- Strong writing and analytical skills, including with M&E and assessment data framework for use in program decision-making and humanitarian advocacy;
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant health database (DHIS+ etc.).
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage human resources;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and intercultural communication with success working both within a team and independently;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines;
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma