KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1) Continue to foster and build strong relationships with organizations and initiatives across the Jordanian innovation ecosystem and convene the relevant ones to create a food security innovation network to further drive impact
2) Refine the objectives for food security innovation within Jordan, and continue to promote the agenda across existing initiatives and networks.
3) Find and support relevant and impactful initiatives, including events and programs (incubators, accelerators, etc)
4) Support the Jordan country office leadership in the development of collaborations internally that further the WFP innovation activity objectives.
5) Support entrepreneurs and innovators with one to one support as needed (with design, business models, etc) for piloting and scaling their innovations (up to 6 startups/projects a year)
6) Create a strong network of mentors and experts in food security issues across Jordan to leverage for pilot projects and innovations
7) Establish external and internal partnerships with relevant stakeholders (including Government, academia, civil society organizations and entrepreneurs)
8) Provide monitoring and evaluation on activities and manage the monitoring of key milestones and project indicators
9) Run workshops, bootcamps, external public events as required to promote WFPs role in the innovation ecosystem, both nationally and regionally
10) Support communication activities and strategic communications content as they relate to innovation
11) Coordinate internal WFP stakeholders including the accelerator, other hubs, and HQ to best leverage other innovation programs within WFP
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least three years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
– Passion and understanding of technology innovations (e.g, blockchain, Artificial Intelligence) and business model innovations (e.g, innovative finance, crowdsourcing.
– Strong experience networking across the Jordanian innovation ecosystem
– Experience managing partnerships and collaborating across organizations
– Experience coaching and mentoring entrepreneurs and innovators from across different backgrounds and experience levels
– Startup experience or experience innovating with methodologies like design thinking, human centered design, lean startup, etc.
– Strong project management skills in managing fast-moving projects in ambigious environments, with a track record of impact and delivery
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to write and convey conceptual ideas in strategy documents, project plans and public presentations.
– Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and self-manage
– Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of WFP and the Zero Hunger agenda
– (Preferred) Knowledge and understanding of key food security issues, innovations related to food security, and awareness of sub areas like agtech, urban agriculture, climate resiliency, etc.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies