ACCOUNTANT – AFFILIATE ACCOUNTING
Ensures accurate coding, recording and reporting of financial data for the UNC Health Care system. Monitors accounting activity to ensure adherence to
budgets and other regulatory requirements.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional
2. Manages specific funds including preparing all reports, explanations, and schedules. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and
make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
3. Monitors accounting transactions for accuracy and consistency. Reconciles data from subsidiary systems to General Ledger.
4. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate. Participates in
the planning and establishment of budgets, goals and objectives.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP,
GASB and FASB. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies
6. Processes journal entries including approval and correction of entries
7. Supervision – Reviews work of subordinate staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance (or substantial equivalent with concentration in accounting).
Professional Experience Requirements:
• If a Bachelor’s degree: No prior experience required.
• If an Associate’s degree: Four (4) years of experience in accounting.
• If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience in accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Strong analytical skills.
Lawson experience preferred
United States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill