About the role:
The Branch Manager will be responsible for achieving sales target, providing customer service and ensuring all operational policies and procedures are followed. The Branch Manager is responsible to provide foreign exchange services including remittances, travelers cheques and foreign banknotes services to BFC Forex customers, maintaining a high standard of customer service and ensuring company procedures and controls are followed at all times. In addition the role will show leadership to support the staff within the branch to assist in their training, knowledge transfer and personal development.
- MAIN DUTIES
- Ensure that the Branch Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales targets are achieved in accordance with the Company Business Plan.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate action plans where sales targets are not being achieved.
- Manage the end of day cashier balancing of the branch.
- Effectively manage the Cash stock to ensure the appropriate money is held for the customer base using the branch.
- Ensure the maximum amount of Rupees is sent for cash collection on a daily basis.
- Carry out routine checks on all tills to ensure the system and physical cash amounts tally.
- Ensure any discrepancies on the tills are immediately reported for internal audit to investigate.
- Ensure that excellent customer relationships are built and maintained with all appropriate levels within the Branch.
- Ensure that the team delivers best in class customer service for the initial transaction of any subsequent follow up regarding a query.
- Spend time in front of the tills meeting the customers and listening to their feedback and assisting with advice on their transactions.
- Take the lead in resolving customer complaints and issues and showing the other staff how customer service should be defined.
- Visit local businesses with the Regional Manager to encourage new customer to come to the branch.
- Ensure all feedback from the customers is fed to the Regional Head and the Head of Sales.
- Identify ways of improving the branch efficiency and services delivered.
- Ensure full controls are in place to maintain proper and appropriate conduct of business practices by fully implementing the Branch procedures, policies, and control processes.
- Where issues are identified with policies and procedures, comments should be fed up to the Regional Head and the Head of Sales with suggested amendments.
- Ensure POS processing systems are accurate with payment and customer data to ensure payment queries are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure day-to-day compliance with the Company’s own internal AML policies and procedures.
- Manage the staff Rota to ensure that all services are available at all times in the branch and appropriate handover takes place between staff who are off the following day for rest or leave.
- Ensure that staffing is arranged to meet the customer demand and ensure the resources are used effectively.
- Ensure the branch security is maintained by applying controls around key holders and opening and closing procedures.
- Ensure proper handover is taken before the sales consultant or Assistant Branch Manager proceeds on leave.
- Ensure all logins are deactivated and tills are closed before the Sales Consultant leaves for his vacation.
- Manage branch staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor staff performance and ensure that training and development needs are identified, planned and carried out to ensure that sales consultants continually develop and achieve their full potential.
- Coordinate with HR to develop manpower plan and ensure proper staffing levels.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the Company’s business, building productive cross-functional relationships.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external people. Maintain excellent relationships with all Departments or Functions to ensure that all improvement opportunities are identified and implemented in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure effective communication between Head Office and Branch.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the Branch.
- You are required to have a University degree in any field
- Minimum 5 years administration, customer service or sales experience
- Customer service and or sales experience with the branch network at BFC Forex or another money remittance business