We believe that , when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
The Platform Publishing Team ensures quality on-time delivery of online content to support Schwab’s strategic priorities. We’re responsible for maintaining brand identity and user experience while protecting site availability and function. We offer centralized web and email content publishing, providing a cost-effective, efficient service that is easy to use. We consult and advise on best-practices for developing innovative solutions, and share accountability in providing our clients the best possible online experience.
What you’ll do:
As the leader of the Institutional Services Web Publishing Team, you will oversee a team of 5 Web Producers to deliver on a high-quality web experience, providing value and delight to our clients as well as our business partners. Develop team members through coaching, career development mentoring, and motivational techniques. Effectively recognize strategic business opportunities and seize them. Work collaboratively with other leaders in cross departmental projects and initiatives. Assess and resolve escalated, client-impacting, production issues at a moment’s notice.
To learn more about our culture, be sure to view:
What you have:
Key factors for success in this role include:
- Proven track record on successfully leading and motivating production staff
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and strong client service skills are a must
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to prioritize work and negotiate compromises with business and technology partners as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in a web publishing environment
- 2+ years experience as a people leader
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Understanding of client-side code quality as it relates to semantic web, accessibility and SEO
- Familiarity with user-centered design, mobile/responsive design and use of videos on the web
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In: TX – Austin