Advantage Media Group has an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer/Developer with experience in marketing. Advantage works with top tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the thought leader and expert in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The mission for the Web Designer/Developer is to create all website deliverables for members of our Authority Marketing System. This includes design, layout and coding. The Web Designer/Developer will be responsible for developing brand new websites or updating already existing sites using WordPress as a content management system.
The outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Design and develop dozens of client websites using provided WordPress templates. This may include creating custom graphics, e-commerce integration and CRM integration to email opt in forms.
- Ensure all client projects are delivered on time and on budget, managing timelines and communication with multiple clients at a time
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of our corporate websites and online brand presence with additional landing pages, functional upgrades and trackable links.
- Oversee management of client Google analytics accounts, ensuring we maintain or improve our monthly visitors and bounce rate.
- Create video based websites using our wordpress websites. Collaborate with external contributors providing copy or video content to ensure delivery of high quality, on-time websites.
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Excellent communication skills. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or 2-3 years experience in web design or development
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Experience with the Genesis Framework for WordPress is a plus
- Highly competent in CSS and HTML, Previous WordPress experience a plus
- Experience with basic e-commerce for digital products, such as WooCommerce
- Experience working with FTP clients such as Filezilla, Cyberduck, etc.
- Working knowledge of user interface design and Web graphics creation
- Familiarity with SEO principles
- A visible online portfolio or finished projects for reference
Position is in our Austin, TX office. Team members are eligible for benefits package after a 3 month review.
Advantage is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401K program with company contribution and other nice perks. We highly value and respect our Team Members.