Purpose of the job:
- Make sure all departments of a business are complying with the rules and regulations the company upholds.
- Manage company Legal and Compliance activity.
- Understand the regulatory and policy environment and its impact.
- Represent the Company in front of Governments and Policy makers.
- Enhance the image and the Company relations.
- Assure that the Company’s operations in the required countries & comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Protect the Company rights and interests from legal and compliance point of view.
- Minimize the legal risk for the Company.
- Increase compliance awareness for employees.
- Support employees to address legal & compliance concerns of their work for the company.
- Take the lead on key policy issues, representing company position with policy makers and within trade associations and will liaise internally with colleagues to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong relationship with most of Government sectors and ministries.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Strategic Business Units.
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Provide assistance with global joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and draft terms and conditions in agreements.
- Ensure legal objectives are met.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes,
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates and keep the management updated.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
- Manage Company’s litigation and arbitration cases.
- Manage the corporate files of the Company and its branches and make sure that all corporate official registrations are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensuring a company’s policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards.
- Managing and executing the Compliance Program.
- Promoting, facilitating and monitoring compliance.
- Acting as an advisor to the business on Compliance.
- Reporting to the management on compliance matters.
- Monitoring and tracking all compliance related findings and issues and work with the business to resolve.
- Monitoring, communicating and coordinating the implementation of any new regulatory developments.
- Assessing and informing the business regarding compliance related issues.
- Updating and maintaining Compliance policies, procedures, materials and manuals.
- Maintaining a Compliance education program; delivering education programs as required.
- Conducting compliance risk assessments of changes in legislation.
- Communicating with Head Office Compliance.
- Preparing Compliance reports.
- Reviewing advertisements and promotional material if compliant.
- Develop and implement an overall government relations strategy in close coordination with the region’s business leaders to achieve agreed objectives including enhanced relationships with senior government officials in each of the Region Countries.
- Monitor the regulatory and political landscape for threats and opportunities to company business throughout the Company and communicate this intelligence to locally-based business leaders, functional colleagues, and global leadership.
- Be acutely aware of potential global implications of local issues and coordinate their management with global colleagues.
- Manage company relationships with officials at key government agencies (e.g., Ministries of Interior, Telecommunication, Trade, Customs, Aviation… etc.) including education of these officials about the value of company, thereby improving the company’s overall reputation.
- Develop, deliver informative and engaging local communications about the value of company and the tech industry that is fully aligned with business priorities, global messaging.
- Support adequate and ongoing country manager contact with key lawmakers and regulators.
- Recommend appropriate contacts and communication channels between company country and global executive leadership and senior government officials.
- Ensure local, group, and global business subject matter experts conduct regular face-to-face technical issue briefings with government officials.
- Recommend, engage, and manage company relationships with necessary third-party intermediaries including government relations advisors, industry associations, broad-based and business trade associations, diplomatic missions and civil society organizations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate contact with counterparts at other industry participants.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 15
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma