About Save the Children Jordan
Save the Children Jordan (SC Jordan) is a national non-governmental organization (NGO), registered with the Ministry of Social Development and active since 1974. SC Jordan is one of the 29 national members of the Save the Children Association, which has a presence in 120 countries globally; furnishing SC Jordan with global knowledge and impact-driven practices.
SC Jordan has an extensive track of accomplishment in responding to humanitarian and development needs in Jordan in host communities, refugee camp settings, and informal tented settlements (ITSs). SC Jordan is developing, implementing, and sustaining a continuum of highly successful nexus programs to improve living conditions and economic opportunities for displaced and effected children, youth, women and their families in Jordan, regardless of their nationally. SC Jordan applies a holistic approach when designing scalable and sustainable programs in Livelihoods, Child Protection, Education, and Health & Nutrition.
About the Consultancy:
SC Jordan is seeking the support of a livelihoods consultant to support its programming in country. The consultant will be responsible for both supporting the technical design of a youth-focused livelihoods program, as well as reviewing an existing three-year program and providing relevant recommendations.
- Objective one – Support the technical design of a livelihoods program with strong emphasis on youth empowerment, engagement and innovation.
- Objective two – Support SC Jordan in reviewing its existing three-year livelihoods program and design next phase program options and priorities.
Tasks under objective one include:
- Map main local youth initiatives and organizations that offer innovative programs that support youth empowerment, youth-led social innovation and entrepreneurship, and civic engagement with summary description of main interventions.
- Engage with prospective local partners to define needs and possible areas of interventions to be implemented jointly with SC Jordan supporting youth in marginalized areas.
- Develop a plan for SC Jordan’s priority livelihoods interventions for the coming two years, including strategic objectives, implementation priorities and programs (including short description of program objective, scope and outcomes) and possible implementing partners.
Tasks under objective two include:
- Work with SC Jordan livelihoods implementation team to assess project outcomes and impact.
- Develop recommendations for enhancing impact of interventions and action plans that can be undertaken during the life of the project. The recommendations will cover the different program components: home-base businesses, youth training and links to jobs, establishment of 6 income generating activities at partner community-based organizations (CBOs) in Mafraq and Zarqa governorates.
- Based on assessment results, and in collaboration with SC Jordan team, propose a program design for a follow-on intervention that will build on current program achievements and impact. Program design will include a program log-frame, program description and context analysis based on which the program is designed.
Deliverables under objective one include:
- Mapping of main local youth initiatives and organizations supporting youth empowerment, youth-led social innovation and entrepreneurship, and civic engagement, with a summary description of main interventions.
- Two-year livelihoods priority plan for SC Jordan, covering strategic objectives, implementation priorities and programs (including short description of program objective, scope and outcomes) and possible implementing partners.
Deliverables under objective two include:
- Assessment of existing three-year livelihoods program’s outcomes and impact.
- Recommendations for enhancing impact of livelihoods interventions and action plans that can be undertaken during the life of SC Jordan’s projects.
- Program design for a follow-on intervention that will build on SC Jordan’s current livelihoods program’s achievements and impact.
The Tasks section above serves as a reference for expected deliverables from the consultancy.
Skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in designing and implementing livelihoods programs in Jordan.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Good connections with line ministries and agencies working in thematic area.
- A team player who has the experience of working within a complex organization structure.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants with expertise in youth programming and innovation are encouraged to apply.
Level of Effort: 30 working days
End Date of Consultancy: July 2020
Interested individual/freelance consultants are invited to submit their resume, a letter of interest, technical and financial proposal, and three references (e.g. current and past clients) by May 31st, 2020.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
desiigning and implementing livelihoods