Background on IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 45 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Background of the project
As part of IRC’s commitment to partners, and following the results of organizational capacity assessment workshops which are a partner-led self-assessment conducted with the senior management and staff of partner organizations, IRC is hiring a consultant that would support partners in strengthening their Monitoring and evaluation systems/processes/policies.
The partnership team is looking for a consultant that would do the following:
· Conduct a comprehensive mapping of activities and needs assessment for determination of M&E priority needs including data flow mapping of partner organization activities and identify gaps in the flow of information.
Present a plan for the organization for improvements in M&E based on the needs identified.
Standardize and disseminate M&E protocols specific to partner organization.
Develop and standardize data collection tools and templates for activities as identified during needs assessment.
Formalize the process and protocols for using data collection tools and templates.
Support information management personnel in setting processes & frequencies for analyzing data collection tools for both quantitative and qualitative data sets.
· Support information management personnel by establishing quality control processes (Spot Checks – Satisfaction Surveys – Follow up surveys) to ensure quality of implementation and documentation.
Formalize the process for successfully and completely gathering, organizing, storing, cleaning, and transmitting data.
· Ensure the implementation of the created policies, procedures, tools, etc
· Degree in social science, research methodologies, international development, social science, economics, or any related field.
· At least 5 years of experience in M&E, data collection, strategic planning, business process and procedure designing
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and project management planning tools
· Good knowledge of project management techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling
· Good experience in delivering trainings on M&E and data analysis
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and travel as required to project field sites.
· Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment within and across departments/functions.
· Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills
Place of performance
Administrative work can be performed either at the IRC’s Jordan country office or remotely
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Part Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma