Visa Issues

Online Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry Visa after Expiry

In this post we are going to explain Online Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry Visa after Expiry . you can try your luck through the online procedure to extend exit re-entry visa after expiry for dependents. In the following paragraphs, I will be explaining about the procedure to bring back your family or family member to Saudi Arabia if their exit re-entry visa expires through online procedure. Major contributors of the below procedure are Mr. Ace Navea and Mr. Socrates. They took all the pictures of the below documents and sent it to me along with detailed procedure.

Is your dependent entitled to come back to Saudi Arabia after expiry of Iqama?
First of all, you have to make sure that Iqama of your dependent is valid. If Iqama of your dependent is not valid, you are gone! Nothing can be done in such situation. You can check the iqama expiry date through this link “Check Iqama Expiry Date”
If Iqama is valid second point is to check the expiry date of Exit Re-entry visa. Any valid Iqama holder can enter to Saudi Arabia after expiry of exit re-entry visa within 7 months. If he is a student, this period is extended to 13 months. However, the condition of Iqama validity will still prevail. 7 and 13 months are counted from the date of expiry of exit re-entry visa.

Online Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry Visa after Expiry
Visit and apply the renewal visa online.
Once details are filled in, take the printout, and attest at Chamber of Commerce.
Chamber of Commerce will keep the attested application for process and will return an acknowledgement with the application number.
Prepare a letter to MOI requesting approval of the above online visa application mentioning the application number and with the same details such as your dependent name, Iqama number & expiry, passport Number, your name and Iqama details and relationship etc. Get it attested by Chamber of Commerce.
You can check the status online; otherwise visit them after a week of submission.
Once approved, take the printout to MOFA with your original Iqama and get the earlier submitted online application approved. You can check the status online.
You need a letter requesting directly the Saudi Embassy of the country where your family member is overstaying to extend the visa period of the family member and allow him to enter to Saudi Arabia. The format of this letter can be obtained from the agents sitting in front of the Jawazat office. This letter needs to be signed by you as well as your employer.
After that, above letter should be stamped by the chamber of commerce of the city where you are residing. We have listed down some important points for attestation of documents from Chamber of Commerce. I would recommend you to read them before personally visiting chamber of commerce. Sample letter is also given below.
If the over stayer is a student and period of overstay has increased 7 months, he needs a letter from his school / university detailing that he is currently student of that institution. This letter should also be attested by the Notary Public or from any other institution to the satisfaction of the Saudi Embassy.
Surrender all these documents to the agent you have hired for this purpose in your home country and ask him to process your visa ASAP. The stamped visa will be like this.

Important Note from Ace Navea
My advice to anyone who wants to extend their dependent’s re-entry visa is to first contact an Agent/Agency from your home country. Talk to him and let them tell you what exactly the Saudi Embassy requires because end of the day it is the embassy of Saudi Arabia in your country who will approve the request. It took me a month because of this uncertainty. I only prepare the first 3 documents here in KSA. I did not go or do anything in MOFA. I let the agent in my country pay for the visa which cost only less than SR 200.

Back to top button