Goal / Purpose:
Under the management of the Grants Coordinator and in close link with the country office (CO) Program and Support Coordinators, the Partnership Manager is the main focal point for Solidarites International’s sub-awards partners for the Syria Mission (not including the LEARN partners).
He/She is the main actor in the process of mapping, developing, broadening and deepening SI’s relationships with sub-awards partners. He/she also provide technical support and oversight to SI for assessing partners’ capacity and ensuring capacity building through the involvement of CO departments.
Frequent travel to Erbil and Syria will be requested.
List of main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, broaden and deepen SI’s relationships with partners:
- Participate in the elaboration of the Partnership Strategy of Solidarites International mission in Syria with a focus on SI core mandate of intervention, targeted areas and the country strategy.
- Lead the process of broadening and developing the partnerships in Syria via partnership/stakeholders scoping processes and mapping.
- Conduct and participate in the analysis of initial Partnership Due Diligence in order to facilitate the effective selection and risk-mitigation of new partners.
- In close collaboration with HQ and according to the specific needs in NES and NWS, prepare the update and revision of tools for Solidarites International partnership framework (Sub Award Agreements, MoU, Framework Agreements, etc.).
- Ensure the implementation of the key steps required by the development and finalization of sub-awards partnerships.
- Ensure effective dissemination of the partnership strategy within Solidarites International to promote effective understanding and support to partnerships.
- At proposal stages, flag issues/risks to be considered in case of partnership and ensure that partnership management-related costs are appropriately represented and resourced, in close collaboration with CO Program and Support departments.
- At report stage, provide feedbacks and lessons learned on partnership to the Support and Program departments.
- Promote the research/development of innovative partnership modalities and “way of working”, by the valorization of lessons learnt and capitalization.
- Partnership management:
- Responsible for the induction of new Partners (presentation of the framework, explanation on all requirements…) – prepare a standard presentation for use.
- Ensure the participation of partners in the projects kick-off, quarterly reviews and closure meetings as well as to the monthly Budget Follow Up and Program monitoring meetings (special sessions dedicated to the partners).
- Organize partner’s monthly meetings with the participation of Program and Support CO departments and actively follow-up the implementation of action points and outstanding partnership issues.
- Receive the monthly reporting from the partners and check that minimum requirements in terms of deadlines and templates are respected.
- Transfer the received documents to the Program and Support CO departments for revision and comments. Ensure effective and timely communication with/from the partners for the finalization of the required documents according to the CO departments’ requests.
- In collaboration with Compliance Coo and Grant Coo, monitor Partners’ compliance to SI and donors’ requirements and timely inform Program and Support departments.
- In close collaboration with CO Support and Program departments as well as FOs, contribute to the development of performance evaluation tools (snapshot) and to the organization of monitoring field visits in partners targeted locations to report on quality and effectiveness of the assistance delivered.
- Support partners in the exercises of lessons learnt and capitalization.
- In collaboration with the Compliance Coordinator, ensure audits and spot check are regularly implemented, and recommendations are followed and implemented.
- In collaboration with the RCO and Grants Coo, act as focal point for compiling and consolidating final reporting requirements, including any follow-up communication with Partners.
Build partner’s technical capacities:
- Conduct Partnership Capacity Assessments and develop partner capacity building plans in close collaboration with the different CO Program and Support Coordinators. He/She will monitor the implementation of the training plans by the CO Program and Support departments.
- Work across all departments within SI CO to ensure sufficient resourcing of partner capacity building.
- Support each department for the elaboration and implementation of trainings in accordance with Partners’ needs.
- Participate in the development of a capacity building check-lists and tools to guide SI CO departments and Field Coordinators in their regular interaction and capacity building with partners.
Evaluation, Learning and capitalization:
Line manager: Grant Coordinator
Line report(s) on base:
Functional report(s): Log Coo, Supply Coo, Finance Coo, Field Coos, Compliance Coo
Diploma (Bachelor or Master) in communications, international relations, management or other relevant field + 4 years of experience in the same areas including 1 year in a similar position with an I/NGO with either team management or advisory role, If no diploma or lower diploma in these areas equivalent and 5 to 7 years progressive experiences in in grants management, partnership and proposal writing/reporting will be requested including 1 year in a similar position with an I/NGO with either team management or advisory role.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Arabic, including translation skills if necessary.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, and enthusiasm for working with a multicultural team.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capacity, with a collaborative approach to work.
- Past experience in project management and implementation, as well as monitoring and reporting.
- Past experience in professional development, including capacity building and training.
- Ability to travel to the field to Erbil, Syria etc…]
- Microsoft office, Strong ability to use all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to deadline efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills and sense of initiative.
- Knowledge of program support components (such as budget development, logistic procedures and administration).
- Past experience in donor relation and communications.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4 Max: 7
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Administration And International Relations