About Save the Children Jordan
Save the Children Jordan (SC Jordan) is a national non-governmental organization (NGO), registered with the Ministry of Social Development and active since 1974. SC Jordan is one of the 29 national members of the Save the Children Association, which has a presence in 120 countries globally; furnishing SC Jordan with global knowledge and impact-driven practices.
SC Jordan has an extensive track of accomplishment in responding to humanitarian and development needs in Jordan in host communities, refugee camp settings, and informal tented settlements (ITSs). SC Jordan is developing, implementing, and sustaining a continuum of highly successful nexus programs to improve living conditions and economic opportunities for displaced and effected children, youth, women and their families in Jordan, regardless of their nationally. SC Jordan applies a holistic approach when designing scalable and sustainable programs in Livelihoods, Child Protection, Education, and Health & Nutrition.
About the Consultancy
SC Jordan is seeking the services of a consultant to support design a Partnerships Framework to guide its work moving forward and the relationship with national partners and community-based organizations (CBOs). The consultant will be responsible for engaging key stakeholders in dialogue and follow a participatory approach so that Framework design take into account the views of relevant stakeholders and prospective partners.
Under the guidance of the SC Jordan senior leadership team (SLT), the consultant will lead efforts to design a framework through which SC Jordan will strengthen its “implementation through partners” approach, as opposed to continuing with direct implementation of its programs. This will also require building the capacity of local partners gradually so that over the coming years, partners play a stronger role in programs design and implementation.
The Consultant will be responsible for designing and drafting a partnerships framework document that will guide the organization in engaging national partners and (CBOs) in a way that enhance implementation and programs impact, ensure quality delivery of programs and strengthen sustainability of impact.
Scope of work:
· Map local partners active in the four thematic areas of SC Jordan’s work based on pre-defined criteria proposed by the consultant (according to intended objective) and approved by SC Jordan.
- Collect information from SC Jordan SLT regarding current partners engaged in the organization’s work, including results of the institutional development assessment (IDA) conducted end of 2019 for CBOs working with SC Jordan.
- Hold meetings with internal and external stakeholders (a small group) to identify key questions that need to be addressed while designing the Partnerships Framework and inform the design of a questionnaire / data gathering tool and methodology when engaging a wider group of prospective partners for co-design purpose. Through these meetings, the consultant is expected to identify processes, practices, and tools (existing and new ones) to be reflected in the Partnership Framework Document.
- Research relevant partnership models adopted locally and internationally to help inform Framework design.
- Meet with relevant NGOs/INGOs in Jordan to understand their models/frameworks of partnership, structures, resources and processes.
- Hold structured meetings and discussion sessions (possibly one-to-one interviews and group discussions) for collective thinking and exchange of ideas with prospective partners.
- Based on research, discussions and stakeholders’ input, design a preliminary Partnership Framework taking into account the possible need for including different partnership models to accommodate different variables such as prospective partner capacity, different engagement terms preferred by partners, commitment requirements among others.
- dentify risks and opportunities related to different partnership models, and suggest mitigation measures as relevant.
- Share preliminary Partnership Framework with internal and external stakeholders for feedback and refinement.
- Finalize Partnership Framework based on feedback. The Framework should, at minimum, address issues related to different partnership modalities, applicable terms and guidelines, obligations and responsibilities of partners (accountability), and eligibility criteria.
- Provide an overview of the resources and capacities needed on the part of SC Jordan to materialize the partnership framework proposed by the consultant.
- SC Jordan Partnership Framework.
- Final report covering methodology, list of entities consulted, mapping outcomes of local partners per thematic area, including brief profile description of expertise, capacity and geographic presence per partner, and recommended next steps.
Required expertise and qualifications
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of awards/grants management, partnerships management, strategic planning, capacity building of local non-governmental organizations, resource mobilization or development finance in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- The following qualifications are desirable:
-Experience in Jordan / National experience or knowledge of national institutions, systems, and humanitarian and development landscape/operations.
-Knowledge of the Save the Children or similar organizations system.
-Strong understanding of grants and sub-grants management and project cycle management.
– Training and workshops facilitation skills.
– Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
– Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Fluency in English and Arabic in both verbal and written communication.
- Advanced university degree, Master’s degree, in business, international development, economic development, international relations or any related field. A first-level university degree in combination with 10 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Level of Effort
- Estimated LOE is 25 days for a consultancy duration of 6-8 weeks between June-August 2020 broken-down
Financial Proposal & Payment Arrangements
The consultant will submit a financial proposal based on a lump sum amount that includes all costs required for the performance of this assignment. The contract price will be fixed, output-based price, regardless of extension of the specified duration. Payment will be made upon submission and SC Jordan acceptable of the final deliverables.
Interested individual consultants are invited to submit their resume, a letter of interest, technical and financial proposal, and three references (e.g. current and past clients) by May 31th, 2020
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 15