- Ensure that quality treatment for the enrolled NCD patients are in accordance with MSF/MoH/WHO protocols by providing direct medical consultation with the patients and supporting other colleague MDs through technical advice and supervision.
- The specialist MD is a sparring partner of expat MD in the facility assisting in the provision of technical support and supervision in order to make sure that medical treatment provided to the patients is up to the required standards.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and ex-aminations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material.
- Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Strictly respect specific ICP measures.
- Treat COVID-19 according to current protocols (MSF/MOH/WHO), including HDU and palliative care.
- Advice and support the other MDs as required on specialist patient management, provide second opinions and consultations if required.
Salary: 2400 JOD
Contract Duration: 3 months fixed term contract with the possibility of extenstion based on the overall performance & operational needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recognised medical doctor diploma/degree (plus full registration within Jordan)
Formal and recognized post graduate specialisation in Internal Medicine recognized by the Ministry of Health Jordan.
Mission language & local languaue essential
- People Management
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $3,000 – $4,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Master’s degree
Post Graduate Specialization In Internal Medicine