- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management.
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities.
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.)
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training).
- Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits.
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting.
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
- Strictly respect specific ICP measures.
Salary: 1205 JOD
Contract Duration: 3 months fixed term contract with the possibility of extenstion based on the overall performance & operational needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Degree in environmental health science in the field of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation / Engineering